Cat urine; how remove effectively? Effective devices and techniques will help you quickly remove the cat urine smell in the apartment—general advice on getting rid of urine smell in shoes, furniture, carpets, and floors. Professional tools.
How to get rid of cat urine smell from furniture?
It is tough to remove the unpleasant smell of cat urine from furniture, as uric acid tends to absorb very strongly into almost any material. Therefore, the scent becomes simply unbearable.
But you can fix the situation with the following methods:
- If a puddle has appeared recently, you first need to completely dry it with a napkin or paper towel, previously folded several times. Then all the material is placed on top of the stain, and the furniture is ironed with a well-heated iron. Under the influence of hot air, the evaporation process of cat urine begins. You can use not only an iron but also a hair dryer, but in the latter case, you must keep it at a distance of about 10 cm from the furniture.
- Vinegar solution is applied directly to the contaminated site and prepared according to the following scheme – ordinary water (500 ml) and Vinegar (100 ml) are mixed. Then the spot is dried with a hair dryer.
- Can replace Vinegar with simple baking soda poured over the contaminated area. Then a unique solution of hydrogen peroxide and washing-up liquid is prepared (the components are taken in equal proportions). The finished product is placed on top of the soda, which should begin to bubble. After about 1 hour, the area must be thoroughly contaminated and wiped with a damp cloth.
How to remove cat urine smell from carpet?
The carpet is one of my favorite places where cats love to leave their marks. Of course, you can take the product to a dry cleaner, but it will be costly to use their service constantly.
However, knowing a few tools and the pitfalls of using them, you can easily do everything yourself at home:
- For light-colored carpets, it is best to use a vinegar solution, which does an excellent job with stains and removes the unpleasant smell of cat urine.
- We recommend purchasing a stain remover or using regular baking soda for dark carpets. First, the place where the cat defecates is moist, but then an agent is applied. Now you need to wait until the carpet is dry and vacuum, then knock it out.
- If you need to clean an old carpet, it is best to use regular bleach. First, the contaminated area is treated with bleach. When it dries, the carpet needs to be vacuumed, and the room is ventilated.
- To remove the old smell of cat urine, you first need to air out the carpet, apply a cleaning agent to the contaminated area, dry it again, and vacuum it at the end. This method will help eliminate the unpleasant smell of cat urine and restore a fresh look to the carpet.
How do you remove the smell of cat urine on the floor?
To get rid of the pungent smell of cat urine from the floor, you should use the following instructions:
- Wash the floors thoroughly, then dry. You can use a simple doormat but just wet it in cold water. It is not recommended to use hot water as the smell is not destroyed but diffused.
- The floor is treated with vinegar or hydrogen peroxide, as these products quickly help to destroy the unpleasant smell of cat urine. Must completely absorb the products into the floor.
- We can also use this method to remove cat urine odors from linoleum. However, treating the contaminated site with Vinegar or peroxide is necessary to treat linoleum with a particular agent.
What products cannot be used to remove the smell of cat urine?
Before looking for ways to remove the unpleasant smell of cat urine, you should familiarize yourself with the products strictly prohibited for this purpose.
Because they can only worsen the situation and make the aroma simply unbearable:
- Materials containing ammonia. These include detergents for cleaning tiles or glass. The fact is that ammonia will only attract more muscular cats. Therefore, in places where they smell this smell, they will defecate again.
- Fragrances such as antiperspirant, perfume, or eau de toilette. After using them, the smell becomes unbearable as it mixes with the stench, and you get a natural mixture.
Professional Remedies for Cat Urine Odor
To fight against cat urine’s unpleasant and pungent smell, you can use not only folk methods but also modern professional devices that have been developed specifically for this purpose. These medicines are based only on natural ingredients, so they do not harm humans or pets.
Effective and safe remedies for removing cat urine odor include:
- The zoo.
Preventive measures to remove the smell of cat urine
So that in the future, you do not have to look for ways and means to get rid of the smell of cat urine, you can follow simple preventive measures:
- The litter bag should only be placed where the owner feels the toilet should be. The place must be not only dark but quiet enough.
- Place citrus fruit or pine cones in flower pots. The fact is that they have a pungent smell that cats cannot tolerate; therefore, they will not look for a place for a toilet there.
- Everywhere, including corners, where the cat could make its mark, you need to apply a product that repels the animal with a spray bottle.
- It is essential to wash the litter box regularly. These animals are spotless and do not go to the toilet as they have already done their dirty work several times.
- You should not hit or shout at the animal because cats are susceptible and vindictive, so they can start leaving marks in all places.
- For the animal not to mark the territory, it can be castrated, but this is a ruthless method, and many people do not dare to take drastic measures.
- It is necessary to take the animal to a veterinarian or a specialist to check for a urinary tract infection. There are situations when cats have kidney problems.
If you love and respect your pet, you don’t have to worry about the cat starting to mark all corners of the apartment. After all, there are situations when animals in this way try to attract the attention of the owner and need care and affection.